Vegan Chocolate Spirulina Balls
This plant based snack will keep you fueled through long hikes. Or eat them as a healthy mid day treat or even as a dessert. Packed with protein and only natural ingredients, these vegan balls will have you ball crazy in no time!
1/2 cup raw almonds & cashews (natural)
1/2 cup sunflower and pumpkin seeds (raw)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Maca powder
1 tsp Apogee spirulina crunchies
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 cup dates (pitted)
3 tbsp water
1/4 cup cacao nibs
* Shredded unsweetened coconut and cacao powder and spirulina crunchies left for the topping at the end.
1. In a food processor, grind nuts until they’re finely ground.
2. Pulse in cacao, vanilla extract, maca, spirulina and salt.
3. Add the chopped dates and water until all the ingredients are blended nicely into a dough mixture. Add cacao nibs.
4. Roll the dough into balls
5. Roll the balls in cacao powder, shredded coconut or spirulina cruchies (or both).
5. Place balls in the freezer or fridge and freeze for at least 30 min then serve! Enjoy!